Thursday, September 26, 2019

Circular Conversations

Today I was witness to (but not engaged in) a circular conversation. Whew, I am emotionally drained from that. As I walked to my van after the meeting I thought a good antidote to this meeting would be watching a Disney movie. How many times can one person say, 'You need to do this and that" while the other person says, "I am not going to do this and that?" I am not sure how many times it could be repeated but I heard twenty repetitions. Neither person felt listened to. Both accused each other of yelling. Both accused each other of being upset.  As frustrating as it was to listen to such dysfunction, I am heartened that I don't live with these kinds of conversations every day. I choose to spend time with people who are reasonable and polite. Most time my interactions with others make me feel good. Although the meeting I went to today was in no way pleasant, perhaps witnessing it has improved my life because I now know how lucky I am.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...