Friday, September 6, 2019

Tokyo Day Two

This morning we took a bus to Tokyo Tower. This is an orange tower shaped like the Eiffel Tower.

From there we walked to Zojoji Temple. Inside we smelled incense, saw drummers practicing, and saw the people in the shrine getting ready for the 11:30 service. Downstairs they had restrooms and a seating area where we could relax and enjoy hot or cold barley tea. I had cold barley tea.

After that we walked to the Imperial Palace and the Imperial Gardens which were closed today. This is a view from the outside. We saw a gray egret fishing in these ponds but my photo did not turn out well. After that we went to a shopping district for lunch. From where I sat near the window on the second floor I could see shoppers and school kids strolling by. Some shoppers wore rented kimonos. This street had a plastic roof over it. I watched a white rumped swift flying by trying to get out. For lunch I had edamame and tofu. It was delicious! We had a long trim home by train because the tracks were still blocked by the accident with the truck.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...