Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Deer

Have you ever seen the statues of white tailed deer in people's yards? I don't think I have ever mistaken a deer statue for an actual deer. Today I was walking around a neighborhood in Blaine. Across the street a man was walking a medium sized the dog.  As we approached each other the dog stopped and stared. The man tried to encourage to dog to move along. I turned to see what the dog was looking at. Turns out the dog saw the three fake deer and was mesmerized by their lack of movement. The man explained he often has live deer in his back yard and that is why this dog was confused. Some how it struck me funny that this dog was transfixed by three fake deer so I started to laugh, my companion started to laugh, and the dog walker started to laugh. I wonder if anyone has ever shot a deer statue during hunting season. If I was a prankster I could put a fake deer out in the woods near a deer stand some time in the fall and see what happens.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...