Sunday, November 10, 2019

You Don't Eat The Antlers

This morning I was on a business related phone call. The  man asked, "Do you mind being on hold for a short three to four minutes?" I stifled my real feelings and said it was okay. While on hold some movement caught my eye to the south of my house. A doe was browsing on the path I mow. Five feet south of her was a big buck. This big fellow had ten points on his antlers. I watched him through the thick brush never able to get a good view of him. He was hiding from me. Me! A vegetarian armed with a camera and a slingshot! I thought of this buck throughout the day as reports from deer hunters came in. Like my father said today, "You don't eat the antlers." I guess a six point buck would be as tasty as a ten point buck.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...