Saturday, November 30, 2019

Would You Believe Today Is My First Day?

Three weeks ago I had some people over who were interested in taking my piano. Three men and a boy worked for an hour and a half. Loading the piano into their truck was a failure. The piano remained lying on it's side at the bottom of my stairs. This was a huge object in my way. My house has been for sale and every potential buyer walked in. When they looked down the stairs they saw the wheeled bottom of the piano looking at them. I wonder what they thought. Most people never see the wheeled bottom of a piano.

Today at 7 o'clock in the morning three men moved that piano out of the house and onto the truck in a mere 10 minutes. As the first man lifted the piano up the steps and set it on the landing he asked me, "Would you believe today is my first day?" I said I did not believe him and that he was a terrible liar. Both men wore 3 inch wide leather straps across their shoulders and stretched out under the length of the piano. These guys knew what they were doing. I already miss my piano. I don't miss the one lying on it's side at the bottom of the stairs. I miss the upright, out of tune piano that I used to play. The piano is going to a good home where I am sure it will get plenty of use.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...