Thursday, September 3, 2020

Garden Scenes

 

I rented a community garden space a little more than a mile from my house. The spot next to mine is empty and covered in black plastic to prevent weeds. One of my pumpkin vines left my garden and went into the empty space. I got a good sized pumpkin there.

I also have a pumpkin in my space. In total I think I have three pumpkins this year.

After twenty years of planting sunflowers only to have the deer chomp off their heads when they are 18 inches high and leaving me with a row of sticks, I finally grew a pumpkin to the flowering stage. Aren't sunflowers the happiest of all flowers? Today I left with an arm load of kale and three tomatoes. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...