Monday, October 19, 2020

In The Guise of Another

 I read a couple of books by Allen Erskens including The Life We Bury and The Heavens May Fall. Both had a Minneapolis detective named Max Rupert in them. So when I borrowed In The Guise of Another, I thought I would like it. I did like the drama between Max and Alexander Rupert, brothers and both members of the Minneapolis Police Department. The relationship between the two brothers was interesting. This book had a faster pace than the previous two books I read by him. What I didn't like was that the violence, bloodshed, and murder was dialed up to a degree that made me queasy.  When you read a book where a character or two dies in every chapter, you know that book is too violent.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...