Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Perfect Little Children

 Sophie Hannah wrote Perfect Little Children. In this book Beth drives by an old friend's house just to snoop. She and her husband, Dom, have not seen Flora and Lewis for a dozen years. So when Beth's son has a soccer game near her ex-friend's old house, she drives by. She spots Flora arriving home. Flora gets out of the car while talking on the phone. She gets her two children out of the car. Beth is astonished to see that Flora's children, Thomas and Emma, are 5 and 3 years old instead of 17 and 15. Beth is a very determined person so she doggedly investigates this mystery. I liked Beth as a character. I liked her relationship with her husband Dom, and with her own teenage children. But the way Beth mulls over every single conversation about the mystery of Flora and her kids drove me bonkers. Who spends that much time and energy thinking things through? I thought the story went by very slowly. Although glad no magic nor cloning was involved, this wasn't my favorite story. I am not a fan of mysteries.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...