Tuesday, March 16, 2021

The Wonder Boy Of Whistle-Stop

 Many years ago I read a book by Fannie Flagg called Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle-Stop Café. I loved that book. I loved it so much I even made fried green tomatoes for supper one night. The fried green tomatoes were okay as far a fried foods go but I would prefer my tomatoes red and ripe and raw. This book, The Wonder Boy of Whistle-Stop is a sequel. I loved it. Reading this book was as comforting as a lunch of grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup for lunch. The wonder boy is Bud, the daughter of religious Ruth and nephew of crazy Aunt Idgie. Bud is a senior citizen now. He travels back to the  Whistle-Stop to have a look around for old times sake. This book was a cozy sequel to the first book; not as good as the first but not half bad.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...