Thursday, March 11, 2021

The Captain And The Glory

 I was in the mood for a humorous book so I selected The Captain And The Glory by Dave Eggers. It is a short book and I thought it was about a ship called the Glory. The passengers choose a new captain after the old ones retires. They decide to choose a guy who volunteers even though he has no experience and no nautical training. The new guy wears a yellow feather in his hair and right away he fires the crew and throws the training manuals overboard. I soon realized this book is a satire about the Trump administration. I didn't like it. This book was too much and too soon.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...