Monday, May 10, 2021

Dandelions For Breakfast

 

I was given a delicious Mother's Day brunch this year. To start with we had coffee that was freshly ground and made in a French Press. This coffee had five times the caffeine than the coffee I usually drink at home. I could feel the surge of caffeine surge through my veins and enter my eye balls. I was zinging. We had a bowl of food. At the bottom was hash brown potatoes with peppers. On top of that was a vegie stir fry with onions, green pepper, garlic and tomatoes. On top of that was sautéed dandelions leaves with onions, lemon pepper, salt, and balsamic vinegar.  On top of that were slices of marinated tempeh with liquid smoke and other ingredients to taste like bacon. There was hot sauce on the side. This was a delicious breakfast. I haven't eaten dandelion leaves since my Grandmother made them for me. I think she sautéed hers with onions and bacon and vinegar. I consider myself lucky in that both of my offspring are better cooks than I.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...