Thursday, May 20, 2021

Dear Girls

 Ali Wong wrote Dear Girls; Intimate Tales, Untold Secrets, And Advice For Living Your Best Life. She wrote the book for her two girls which I think is a pretty fine idea. She writes about her own wild childhood and how she trapped their father. She writes about working as a female stand up comic. She writes about being Asian. She writes about prejudice and misogamy. She writes about sex and she is very funny. She had me laughing out loud. I don't think she should let her girls read this book until they are 22 because she writes very explicitly. This was some really raw stuff. I listened to the audio book. I usually drive or walk as I listen to books. I had to actually turn my phone off while walking a busy section of the lake walk in Duluth because I didn't want children listening to some of the things that were coming out of her mouth. I mean, it's good to be open about sexuality but, wow. If vulgarity offends you, this is not the book for you.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...