Sunday, November 14, 2021

Eisenhower

This house is called the Eisenhower house because Dwight and Mamie came here to get away from the White House during his presidency. This mansion is just a few blocks from where I am staying. The house is available to rent for events. If you pay extra, you can have cannons shot off at your event. The First Couple used to stay at the War College but moved to this house because it is closer to the country club and Dwight liked to play golf. I can just picture Dwight on the veranda puzzling over the French Indo-Chinese situation. I wish I could go up to Dwight and tell him the stories of a couple of men I know who went to war in Vietnam. I think if Dwight knew the future he would have made better decisions.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...