Monday, November 15, 2021

Pell

 

Today I drove by grand girl #1's school where she attends first grade. When my kids were small community members were encouraged to visit and volunteer and even attend grandparent's day but those days are over. I just drove by trying not to act like a creep. This school is named after Clairborne Pell, a politician and writer who died in 2009. In 1972 he authored some legislation that resulted in the financial aid named the Pell grant. I think I might have taken advantage of a Pell grant back in the day. The famous Newport bridge which is just north of us was renamed in his honor. My granddaughter's classroom is upstairs. She said the lower level is for kindergarten and pre-K.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...