Wednesday, January 26, 2022

So Far So Good

 When I picked this book to read I didn't know it was the eighth in a series of books about a private investigator named Cecil Younger. So Far So Good by John Straley is set in Alaska. Cecil is in prison and worried about his daughter Blossom. Blossom is 16 and she wants to be a private investigator like her father. I enjoyed reading about Blossom and her school chums and her relationship with her father. What I didn't like was reading the trash talk that goes on in prison. I didn't enjoy reading about the violence in prison. I didn't enjoy reading about Blossom becoming a victim in a violent crime. Note to self - stay away from crime stories.




No comments:

Tom Lake

  Ann Patchett wrote Tom Lake in 2023. This is a family novel. Three daughters want to know about their mother's life prior to her marr...