Saturday, January 8, 2022

My Man Jeeves

 I have often thought I would like to have a butler so that is maybe why I chose to read My Man Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse. This book was published in 1919 so the humor is very dated yet still funny. Some parts were slap stick funny. The nine short stories are about idle rich men helping their friends out of "the soup" (trouble). The trouble is usually about being disinherited for some reason. Five of the nine stories involve the butler Jeeves. The men come up with hare brained solutions that backfire on them. Then they ask Jeeves and he comes up with one that works. Jeeves is an excellent butler with an uncanny ability to know what it needed before anyone else does.


No comments:

Tom Lake

  Ann Patchett wrote Tom Lake in 2023. This is a family novel. Three daughters want to know about their mother's life prior to her marr...