Saturday, January 1, 2022

The Five Wounds

 I struggled with the first few chapters of The Five Wounds by Kirsten Valdez Quade because some of the words were in Spanish. When I read e books I can just touch the word and get it defined but not all the words were definable. I am glad I kept trying because I really enjoyed this novel. The story takes place in New Mexico and involves  the Padilla family. All the characters are flawed. The mistakes that are made are overwhelming and more serious than any of the mistakes I have made in my life. The book covers one year of life in this family. By the end of the book I was sad to leave the characters because of the introspective and endearing way they thought through the choices they made.


No comments:

Tom Lake

  Ann Patchett wrote Tom Lake in 2023. This is a family novel. Three daughters want to know about their mother's life prior to her marr...