Saturday, May 7, 2022

The Book Of Magic

 Alice Hoffman wrote The Book Of Magic as a sequel to Practical Magic. I just finished reading this rambling novel that meanders into side stories only to drop them entirely. While I like a story with strong female characters and family history, I am really not interested in magic. The story is that the people in the Owens family are cursed. If they openly declare their love, their love interest will soon die of illness or accident. Some family members are open about the curse but others aren't willing to speak of it and as a result there is much heart break. Also, when a person in the family is within 7 days of dying a death beetle comes to them and starts calling which is one of the creepiest things I ever heard.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...