Thursday, May 19, 2022

The Enlightenment Project

 I did not like The Enlightenment Project by Lynn Hightower. I am not a fan of demonic possessions nor exorcisms. Why, you may ask, did I finish the book? Because the book started out as a story about a neurosurgeon, Noah, his lovely wife Moira, his two boys and his white lab who is a very good dog. And the writing was good. Soon I was pulled into the story. Noah was doing a study using MRI's and spiritual encouragement as a treatment for depression, addiction and mental illness. I like to read about medical treatments and the brain. By the end though it was all about the demons and the exorcism. This is just not the type of book I like to read.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...