Saturday, July 1, 2023

Aspen Oysters

 So today I was walking the trail along the waterfalls in Congdon Park. A family of five had stopped their bicycles to swim in a pool. Farther up the stream I came across an aspen tree with oyster mushrooms growing out of it. Last week on a mushroom foray I saw aspen oyster mushrooms twice. I harvested some of the mushrooms, picked out the pieces that had bugs in it, and stuck a cup full of aspen oyster mushrooms into the pocket of my shirt. I walked the 2.5 miles home wearing a bulging shirt. I cleaned the mushrooms and ate them for supper. This meal brings me to my third meal of foraged mushrooms. The first was morels at Afton State Park. The second was Dryad's saddle from a stump in my front yard. And the third was aspen oysters from Congdon Park. M m m good!


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...