Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Full Moon

 

Last night was a full moon although we couldn't see it until about midnight. We were out on the 3rd frog and toad survey. The night was quiet if you discount the buzz of blood thirsty mosquitoes in our ears. I am sure our head nets frustrated them. My feet and pants and hands were covered in mosquito repellent so I don't think I got many bites but they tried. Fireflies flickered in the night sky. The day was hot so the frogs were quiet. We heard some tree frogs. a few toads, some green frogs and some mink frogs. At the 8th stop we stood on the road facing west and watched the fireworks going off in Hinckley. At the 10th and final stop we were skunked. No frogs sang at all and normally we do hear frogs there. Driving to Minneapolis from Mora, I saw the moon come out from behind the clouds and show itself.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...