Tuesday, December 5, 2023

End Of The Duluth Chapter



 When I moved into my apartment in Duluth in early March of 2020 I flattened the boxes and stored them in the basement. Starting in November I brought those boxes back up and filled them again. Many of the boxes had contents written on them so I tried to fill them with what was marked. That didn't always work out. Last Tuesday I hired the movers to come in and move most of the stuff except my clothes and food. Yesterday I removed everything, vacuumed, scrubbed, swept and polished. The apartment is cleaner now than when I moved in. Now my stuff is in storage. The things I really need are in my car and I am on a road trip of undetermined length. As I drove through La Crosse, Wisconsin this afternoon I got a phone call from a man in my international folk dance class. He said Duluth got 2 inches of snow today. That made me smile. Right now I  am at the Don Q Motel in Dodgeville, Wisconsin. I came down to visit the house on the rock. Poor planning on my part, the house on the rock is closed today and tomorrow. Also, the house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in closed until April. I might have to stay another day here in Dodgeville. In any case, I am done with Duluth. My move there didn't go as expected. Due to the pandemic it took longer to make friends and join clubs. I eventually got a social life that was satisfying. Duluth is a beautiful town but I just can't take the winters anymore.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...