Sunday, December 10, 2023

Newfields

Today I spent my time at the Newfields Art Museum here in Indianapolis. On the fourth floor there was an immersive Van Gogh experience. I was in a big room with Van Gogh artwork projected onto the walls and the floor. The show was about an hour long before it repeated.

I used to have a poster of Van Gogh's iris picture.

Vincent had so much talent. Before he died he had sold only 2 pictures.

Unfortunately his mental health problems were so bad he shot himself in the chest at age 37.

Georgia O'Keefe had a picture there too.

I could walk into this bedroom of his.

While other artists thought sunflowers were common and coarse, Vincent loved their beauty. I love sunflowers too.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...