Sunday, December 17, 2023

Holiday Preparations

Today was a rainy day here in Mechanicsburg. After breakfast we played a crazy board game called Quelf. After that the cookie baking began. The oven ran from 10 a.m. to almost 3 p.m. We made Russian tea cakes and thin ginger cookies. The grand girls love icing so some got icing.

The traditional ginger cookies do not have icing. The round tin on the right is for the teachers at the elementary school. After all that time in the kitchen I needed to get some exercise. So I walked in the rain for an hour. I neglected to wear my waterproof boots and rain suit. When I got back my jeans were wet to the knees, my shoes were wet, and some of my sleeves were wet too. After dinner we watched an animated movie about the Grinch. Today was a nice day.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...