Friday, September 27, 2024

Sharp Objects

 I read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and I thought it was a bit too violent. So I can't tell you why I read Sharp Objects. There is violence in this book too. Camille is a journalist is Chicago. One day her fatherly boss sends her to her home town, Wind Gap, Missouri, to report on the murders of two children. She does this with trepidation. She doesn't get along with her mother. Camille thinks her mother never loved her. She had a younger sister who died when Camille was 13. Now she has a step sister who is 13 and they really don't know each other. Her mother is wealthy as she owns the pork factory in town. Camille's mother doesn't want her to report on the death of the two girls because she thinks it is in bad taste. Camille thinks reporting can help solve the murders of the two girls both of whom had all their teeth removed after death. Several people tell Camille to leave town because it is dangerous for her to be here. This book has many characters with some serious mental problems including Camille who cuts herself. In the end, the murders are solved. The murderer is not anyone I thought it was. I am pretty sure I don't want to see the movie.




No comments:

Central High School

Today I drove to downtown Little Rock to visit the Central High School National Park. This is a gas station restored to look like 1957 acros...