Tuesday, December 10, 2024

East Side

I had an appointment with a travel doc today on Phalen Boulevard so I decided to visit my old haunts such as Phalen Lake where I saw 20 trumpeter swans swimming in the open water. I used to walk around this lake. I had a date with a guy once. I suggested we fly a kite at Lake Phalen. He didn't want to. No more dates for him!

For one school year I taught at Saint Patrick's School in room 305. Now the school has a new name. I remember one winter I was looking out the window. A car on this hill had it's drivers door open. Another car came sliding down the hill on the ice and took that door clean off. Another time I struck a pheasant on Hwy. 694 at the top of a hill and it flew into my radiator. I went to check and pulled out one cooked leg. The students saw the pheasant. I told them to feel free to take it out of there.

Another time I split my pants. I went to the convent and was highly embarrassed to stand in my underwear as a nun sewed up the rip.

My old apartment on Arcade is now gone along with the post office that was across the street. That is where I lived upstairs with my girlfriend's brother's girlfriend. My girlfriend told me on the phone that his girlfriend was stealing my rent money out of my Kleenex box. I couldn't find my house on Minnehaha by the Hamm's brewery. I think this is the house where I lived when I taught school.

Then I drove to Mounds Park on my way back to Hastings. I had a trip down memory lane.

 

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...