Saturday, March 27, 2010

More Spring Cleaning

Today I moved the chicken coop away from the winter location and into the yard. Wow, I doubt the grass under the chicken run will come back. I should probably get the hose out and really water that spot to dilute the strong manure. The chickens enjoyed their freedom and were nice enough to lay their eggs in the coop between explorations. As I was taking the holiday lights off the gutter in the front of the house, a motorcycle caught my attention. As it rode up the hill in front of my house, the driver revved up the throttle and popped a wheelie, riding on the back tire for half the length of my lot. At the driveway the driver learned forward and the machine plopped down on the fat front tire pretty hard. Be still my beating heart! Not that I would ever do such a thing. I've been known to pop wheelies on a bicycle but I'd never do it on a motorcycle. I'm finding it really hard to wait until the streets are cleaned. If the weather warms up into the 70's I will be even more tempted. I cleaned out my planters and removed the spruce branches and red twigged dogwood. I carried a load of chicken droppings to the compost pile. I was very surprised to see my row of garlic had popped up and are actually 3 to 4 inches tall already.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...