Friday, March 5, 2010

Pam is Getting Broody


My hen, Pamela, is getting broody. When I open the egg gathering door of the coop, I find her sitting on the eggs with her body all spread out at the bottom like a chicken cookie jar. When she sees me open the door she looks up and gives me a startled look. She isn't too happy about being chased off the eggs. She gets up very reluctantly. This is a new behavior for her and she's the only chicken to act this way. I think Pamela would be a very good mother.

2 comments:

Cajo said...

It's like real life! Or TV life!

Sue said...

I know. Did you see the episode where Pamela and Jim had the baby? OMG, too funny. She nursed the wrong baby.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...