Monday, March 8, 2010

Ode To Sciatica

You've been around for over five years,
Night and day, day and night.
At times you reduce me to tears;
As a companion you really bite.
Have you thought about giving me a break?
Visiting elsewhere a month or two?
In our relationship you could take
A hiatus! Burden someplace new!
Hiking the woods, it used to be
My favorite way to race my heart.
Since you've come around, well, gee,
It's harder now, was that smart?
Try as I might, you are on my mind,
Skulking into feeling and thought.
Even when I am asleep I find
In your persistence I am caught.
People ask me, "Is it the weather?"
"Did over lifting make you lame?"
I have days that are bad or better,
It's random when I need the cane.
I want to speak freely
With being crass.
My opinion is really
You are a pain in the ass.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...