Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wolf Exchange

Today I met a woman in Maple Grove and picked up five wolves. Four of us are working on a capstone project together for our Master Naturalist Class.  We work well together and have a chemistry that makes the work fun.  Our project involves beautifying the entry garden at the Wildlife Science Center.  We cleaned out the weeds, planted native species, laid down mulch, and added signs that label most of the species.  All that looked nice but the huge propane tank stuck out.  We thought we'd attract the eyes away from the propane tank by adding some wolf silhouettes.  I ordered the silhouettes and cut out the paper patterns.  My friend and her husband cut the wolves out of plywood.  The next step is to add primer and black paint.  I unloaded the wolves and they are sitting quietly in the foyer right now.  Over the winter I will get them painted. This should be fun!
 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...