Thursday, December 30, 2010

Freaking Squirrels!

Squirrels. I spend more time and energy trying to foil the squirrels but I never succeed for long.  I received a gift of a bird feeder designed for peanuts and a bag of peanuts..  I strung it on the line with squirrel deterrents such as pvc pipe and empty soda bottles.  The dang squirrels knocked it down and ate all the peanuts in a single day.  I took the feeder out of the snow, refilled it, and hung it on a hook on my deck.  The wire mesh that constitutes the sides is too small for squirrels to get their pesky fingers into it.  So what did the squirrels do?  They took the feeder apart.  They actually took one vertical wire completely off thus doubling the space to get the peanuts out.  I was told this when I got home from work.  I looked and saw a fat and sassy squirrel sitting on the snow bank on the deck munching on peanuts with his back to the deck door.  My blood boiled. My brand new bird feeder was destroyed.  I took up my super soaker, pumped it once, opened the deck door and yelled “You Die!” while soaking him.  I forgot I wasn’t home alone.  Both offspring were there.  You really got to think about how you come across sometimes.  For an offspring who has been to Iraq and back, this was a funny, “you tube” worthy performance.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Do you think that squirrel wears Rain X? I can just see you with the water gun! Too funny!!!!!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...