Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Get Ready for Valentine's Day


If you are looking for ideas for Valentine's Day this year, go to birdchick.com.  She is doing a series on the mating behaviors of birds that is just hilarious.  Beside the red winged blackbird, she has video on grebes, prairie chickens, hooded mergansers, albatross and flamingoes.  You might get some good ideas for your sweetheart!

After participating in the breeding bird survey last year I wondered, do birds watch us like we watch them?  Do they see people making out under the bleachers at the high school? Do they notice people arriving in separate cars at cheap motels?  Do they watch us at the beach or at outdoor concerts?  When I see a bird, I imagine that several birds have already been observing me without my knowledge.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...