Monday, February 21, 2011

Project Feederwatch

American Crow-3, Black Capped Chickadee-4, White breasted Nuthatch-3, Dark eyed Junco-3, Red bellied woodpecker-1, Downy woodpecker-2, Northern Cardinal-2.

I heard (but did not see) a great horned owl.  I was getting the newspaper from the mail box about 6:15 when I heard it hoot.  I waited and waited but did not hear another hoot.  It's no wonder I haven't heard the barred owls calling.  They would be afraid to advertise themselves to a danger such as a great horned owl.  It was pretty exciting to hear a great horned owl hooting.

This week my bird watching results have also been turned into the Great Backyard Bird Count - an annual citizen science event that is open to anyone.  You can enter your results by going to www.birdsource.org/gbbc/

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...