Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Whine

It's true. I whine.  I whine aloud when I go outside. I don't care who hears me.  I even whine inside the house when I peek out the window at the thermometer that said -18 F.  This cold weather is making me whine.  Maybe because I had a break from the cold makes me suffer more. In any case, I whine.  I whine in the morning when I take care of the chickens.  I whine in my car because I have to blow warm air on my garage door opener to get it to work.  I whine on the way to work because it's so cold my fingers ache.  I have to withdraw my fingers from the gloves and ball them together in the palm for the first 8 miles.  I whine when I get out of the car at work because, after 18 miles, it finally got warm in there.  I don't whine at work thanks to my electric throw.  I whine leaving work. I whine getting in and out of the car at the health club,the grocery store, the library and the bank.  One day I went to a meeting.  Walking to the building along Third Avenue in Anoka, the wind blew so hard I got an ice cream headache - and I didn't even get any ice cream!  This winter hasn't been that cold compared to other years and yet I whine.  Maybe the trip to Ecuador made it worse.  In that case, I should be glad I can't afford a vacation every year.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...