Sunday, February 20, 2011

Driveway Details

They say it's going to snow today.  I don't believe it.  Twenty inches?  That is crazy talk.


This is what the driveway looks like now.  The gray areas indicate snow piled up like plaque in an artery.  There is a definite curve near the road forcing me to turn west when I leave. 
The straight across method of shoveling when the snow is 3 inches or less deep.
Sometimes I get tired of the turning involved in the straight across method so I go straight down until the shovel is overloaded, dump it, and go straight down again. More walking, less turning.
The diagonal method of shoveling is used when the snow if over 3 inches deep.
This is what the driveway looks like in the summer.  The shape resembles a backward lower case r or a handgun.  Progress in shoveling is marked by what tree I am shoveling past - the elm, hackberry 1, 2 or 3 and the maple hedge.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...