Tuesday, July 19, 2011

C'mon, really?

See this cartoon?  It's Calvin and his tiger, Hobbes.  This was a syndicated newspaper cartoon that told the humorous story of a philosphical little boy and his adventures with his pet tiger. The tiger only came alive when all adults were out of the room.  They had such great adventures together.  Such a sweet story - I believe one of my nephews is named after this boy.  Many people aren't old enough to remember this comic strip. The last comic was published in 1995. All they know of Calvin is the window clings of him peeing on stuff.  I am going to say it straight out, not hold back.  IT's DISGUSTING!  Are these window clings copyright infringements or did the artist sell out?  A friend who lives in an adjoining county says he sees more of the Calvin window clings in Anoka County than anywhere else. I paid attention after I heard that and I hate to say it but he's right.  I've seen Calvin peeing on car manufacturers, countries, and sports teams.  Today I saw a new Calvin window cling - Calvin peeing on the words "X-Wife."  C'mon, really?

And next to that was another window cling of a bearded man wearing a crown of thorns.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...