Sunday, July 24, 2011

You Just Have To Reason With Them

I have had a busy week.  I had many meetings to attend and lots of errands.  So this morning when I sat on the couch and planned to read the Sunday paper, I was not happy to see a squirrel climbing my "squirrel deterrants" to get at my bird feeder.  I got up off the couch, threw aside my comforter (finally it was cool enough to put a comforter on!) and yelled at the squirrel. No sooner than I had sat down the squirrel was at it again.  He climbs on the deck, mounts the pole that supports the cable, climbs over the milk cartons and soda bottles and pvc pipes that cover the cable, and eats bird food. I can see him from where I sit on the couch.  Too lazy to go to the deck door, I rapped on the window instead.  My knuckles hurt like the devil.  I must have been angry when I rapped on the window.  The next time he climbed the pole to the bird feeder, I tried reasoning with him. "Squirrel!  Get off there!."  He listened.  But he came right back.  "Squirrel!  I have had a hard week. I worked 40 hours."  The squirrel left and so far he hasn't come back.  It's been 3 hours.  : )

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...