Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Greg Brown Concert

A friend took me to the Greg Brown concert last Friday at the Cedar Cultural Center in Minneapolis.  He is a folksinger.  He has a low voice.  Think of the lowest note you can imagine.  He's lower than that.  Oh, so manly a voice.  He plays at small venues.  I've seen him at the State Fair and at the Minnesota Zoo.  The concert, once it got started, was great.  I don't like how we paying customers are expected to wait a half hour for the warm up act and another forty minutes for the main act.  Greg didn't start until 9:40 and the concert started (or actually didn't start but was supposed to start) at 8.  I get up at 6 in the morning.  Many nights I am asleep by 9:40.  Once Greg started singing, all was forgiven.  My favorite songs are very irreverant.  One is about Inabelle's funeral.  I thought about loading a youtube video of that song on this page but youtube really didn't show how great a song it really is.  Another song I liked was the "Fat Boy Blues."  That Greg.  He may look like a full fledged adult male but I like that he lets his eight year old self show through.  Before the show we ate at the Weinery, a restaurant just a few doors down from the Cedar.  The Weinery, contrary to it's carnivorous name, offers many fine vegetarian options.  I had a seitan Philly cheese sandwich.  It was so delicious that when I went to pay, I asked the cook how he prepared it.  Great dinner.  Great concert.  Great evening.  So tired!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...