Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Job Done

I took Monday and Tuesday off work.  These were two of my vacation days.  I could have spent them any way I wanted.  My plan was to paint my bedroom including the ceiling and inside the closet.  Despite the siren call of the sunny weather and the lilac scented breezes, I did the mature and responsible thing of focusing on my task of painting.  I could have been out riding my motorcycle.  I could have been out boating in the new kayak I just bought.  Ooooh, I was sorely tempted this morning to head outside.  But no, I was up and down the ladder, reaching up to the ceiling, and laying down on the floor to get the paint close to but not on the baseboard.  The painting is finished.  I haven't put the room back together yet but at least the painting part is finished.  Note to self-paint no more than one room per year.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...