Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Walk With Me Down To The Lake

The soil is so black in the fields.
And it smells good too when you bring a handful to your nose.
I love the forest past the fields down to the lake.
Mostly maple and basswood with a few poplar.
Mostly vertical trees.
I was hunting for morel mushrooms.  Didn't find any.  But I did find fungus.
You can see the lake through the trees.
Look up.
Look down.
I hereby name you the "Quint Tree."
Have you ever seen a more beautiful rotting log?  Orange is my favorite color.
Block Lake.
Strange how a straight stick can have such a curvy reflection.
The water is so clear.  Last fall this water was so thick and green it looked like a green carpet.
Walking back now.  I wish I could get a sweater in this color of grass.
Walk is over.  Thanks for coming.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...