Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lead Hand

Today a friend and I went for a motorcycle ride.  As I drove to her house in Andover, the traffic was light and the air was cool and crisp.  I checked my speedometer and every time I did I had to slow down.  I had a lead hand (which is equivalent to a lead foot in a car).  We drove through Coon Rapids, Blaine, Moundsview, Shoreview, White Bear Lake, Hugo, Marine on the St. Croix,  and Osceola before stopping for lunch.  Then we headed north up the Wisconsin side of the St. Croix through Dresser to St. Croix Falls.  In Taylors Falls, we stopped at the overlook on the north side of town.  The view of Taylors Falls from the overlook is well worth the time. I was surprised to see how wide the river is upstream of the town.  We stayed on Highway 95 through North Branch and Cambridge before heading south on Highway 47 through St. Francis and Anoka.  I wore two long sleeved shirts under my jacket plus leather gloves and felt comfortable driving on this beautiful day.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...