Friday, August 3, 2012

Paddleboard Yoga

During the Mississippi River Challenge they offer various activities at Fort Snelling.  We can have dinner, music, dancing, Surly beer, massages, yoga and paddle board yoga.  When I first heard about paddle board yoga, I assumed the paddle boards would be on the ground.  I knew the paddle board yoga class was at 6:15 a.m. and I saw the truck with about a dozen paddle boards parked inside the fort.  Later I learned that the paddle board yoga class was not taught on the firm earth but down the hill on the Mississippi River.  Say what?  Yoga on a board in the water?  That is crazy!  I have taken yoga classes before.  Even with bare feet on a soft yoga mat I have lost my balance.  I never fell completely down but I did have to put my foot down quickly.  Outside of child's pose or possibly the plank, I can't see myself doing yoga on a paddle board without going overboard.  My plan was to observe this paddle board yoga if I happened to be awake and up at 6:15.  I was awake at 6:15 but the gentle, steady rain that was falling changed my mind.  I think the class was cancelled.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...