Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Submission for the Bad Poetry Contest at Work


Ode to Paperwork

Paperwork is the work that gives me thrills

Paperwork, paperwork, it pays the bills

Return from vacation, mailbox full to the top

That means my job is too essential to drop

On a really good day I get a lot done

Tony has to hole punch a full metric ton

A metric ton, now that’s exaggeration

A solid six inches is a closer estimation

One sided, two sided, stapled and sort

Annuals and semi’s, post meeting report

Now that I’m older I prefer larger print

Anything too small causes me to squint

Upper left corner is where paperclips belong

Middle of the left side?  That is just wrong!

Sign it, date it, fill in all the blanks

What keeps me busy?  Paperwork!  Thanks.

I also co-wrote another poem with 3 other co-workers that I will put on this blog as soon as I can find it again.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...