Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cute Cute

One of my favorite animals from my trip to Africa was the dik dik.  It's so cute cute because it's so small small.  Picture a deer or antelope weighing 3 pounds and standing 12 inches tall.  It's unimaginable, right?  No, it's a dik dik.  The dik dik couple remain monogamous.  They hide in the brush forming little trails and hideaways.  Baby dik diks are born with their forelegs folded back against their body.  They nurse for 6 weeks.  By the time they are 7 months old the parents chase the children out of the territory.  Dik diks can run 26 miles per hour.  How is it I had never heard of dik diks before I went to Africa?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...