Thursday, February 7, 2013

How Can I Say No Without Seeming Rude

"Can I get your phone number?'  No.  "Can I get your zip code please?"  No.  "Do you have a rewards card?"  No.  "Do you want a rewards card?"  No.  Some cashiers look hurt when I say no.  I don't mean to offend them.  Their faces show such sadness I might have said, "You are too ugly to live."  Maybe there is something I don't know about the retail transactions.  Are cashiers penalized for not getting my personal information?  Are their wages slashed when I say no?  There is some information I just don't want to share.  And if they make me give a zip code before I can buy an item, I'll make one up.  90210.  12345.  76543.  If I am shopping with friends, they laugh at me when I give fake zip codes. I don't care.  When I go to a store I want to exchange money for goods; no more, no less.    I give the store my money and the store gives me the item. That is all I want.  I don't want to give out my phone number or my zip code.  I don't want a rewards card.  I don't want the store to track every item I buy.  Take my forty dollars, give me the damm swimsuit and let me got out of here.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...