Saturday, February 16, 2013

Flying West

Here I sit at the Los Angeles/Thomas Bradley airport waiting for our flight to Melbourne.  The flight from Minneapolis was enjoyable.  The weather was mostly sunny.  As I left I could see downtown Minneapolis, Lake Calhoun, Lake Minnetonka and Lake Waconia.  I saw when we crossed Highway 90 near Sioux Falls, South Dakota.  I saw when we crossed the Platte river in southwestern Nebraska.  I saw when we crossed the Colorado River on the other side of the Rocky Mountains.  I saw the Grand Canyon which was very awesome to see from the sky.  As we landed in Los Angeles, I could see the Hollywood sign on the hills.  I really like having a window seat.  I will have a middle seat on the next leg of our journey but that will be okay because it will be dark most of the time anyway.  I was surprised to learn it now costs money to watch a movie on Delta airlines.  The movie Lincoln would have cost me $5 plus another $2 rent the ear phones to be able to hear it.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Still under the cost of going to a theater for a ticket. I want to see that movie too.
Sure hope you enjoy your vacation. Are you traveling alone? Hope you find time to do some posting.
Enjoy!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...