Saturday, February 9, 2013

Prit'near Burned Down The Coop!

 This morning I adjusted the heat lamp in the chicken coop and took off for a day of running errands.  When I went to check on the chickens this afternoon I wondered why was I smelling barbecue?  To my astonishment I saw I had burned a new window in the chicken coop with the heat lamp; a 3 by 5 inch hole.  Lucky for me and luckier still for the chickens, the bulb burned out before the coop burned down.  Through the hole you can see the back of the heat lamp, now facing away from the wall, and a dangling chain.  I patched the new window with a piece of wood.  That will do for now. The patch will keep the wind and the snow out.  When it's warmer I can pretty up the repair and make it less noticeable.  Wow, what an exciting day for those chickens! 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...