Wednesday, April 17, 2013

First Avenue

After much indecision about what to do tonight (the curse of having two great options), I  have decided to go to First Avenue.  First Avenue, the former musical home of the rock god and my favorite, Prince, is located on First Avenue in Minneapolis.  I've been there before.  The last and only time I've been to this building was a long time ago.  How long ago you ask?  It was so long ago it wasn't called First Avenue. It was called Sam's or possibly Uncle Sam's. I believe I was there in the late 1970's or early 80's.  I can't remember who I saw perform but I do remember having a good time and buying a souvenir drink in a long red glass that said "firecracker" on it.  It's been a long time since I drank rum, sloe gin and orange juice.  I'm not having any firecrackers tonight but I expect I will be having a good time.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...