Friday, April 19, 2013

Snow Fabric?

I don't want to say the snow is pretty because I really don't like snow anymore.  I don't care if snow thickens each branch by 3 or 4 extra inches.  I don't care if it looks like a fairyland outside.  Enough is enough.  Too much of a good thing can turn into a bad thing.  In any case I noticed something new about the snow.  It was falling so thickly and with so much moisture that it fused together.  As I took a scoop with a shovel I would pick up a chunk of snow with dimensions larger than the shovel, comparable to picking up a fork full of hay with a pitchfork only snow is heavier and colder and white.   Shoveling a path for my small car to the street didn't take long because each shovel load took big bites.  On my yard swing the snow coalesced together into a blanket like formation.  As it got heavier gravity pulled the blanket of snow down forming a drapery like swoop on the swing.  Interesting what snow can do.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...