I don't want to say the snow is pretty because I really don't like snow anymore. I don't care if snow thickens each branch by 3 or 4 extra inches. I don't care if it looks like a fairyland outside. Enough is enough. Too much of a good thing can turn into a bad thing. In any case I noticed something new about the snow. It was falling so thickly and with so much moisture that it fused together. As I took a scoop with a shovel I would pick up a chunk of snow with dimensions larger than the shovel, comparable to picking up a fork full of hay with a pitchfork only snow is heavier and colder and white. Shoveling a path for my small car to the street didn't take long because each shovel load took big bites. On my yard swing the snow coalesced together into a blanket like formation. As it got heavier gravity pulled the blanket of snow down forming a drapery like swoop on the swing. Interesting what snow can do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Time Of The Lotus Bloom
Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...
-
A yellow rail, one of THE MOST ELUSIVE birds around, sound like a manual typewriter. And if you're too young to know what a manual ty...
-
I received a gift from Offspring #1 - a collection of lectures on compact disk about Medieval Heroines in History and Legend. The speaker is...
-
Today I was home quite a bit and saw a plethora of birds in my yard including two "first of the year" birds at opposite ends of...
No comments:
Post a Comment