Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Turkey Vultures

I saw the two turkey vultures sitting in a tree. K. I. S. S. I. N. G.  No, I didn't actually see them kissing but they're sitting together very friendly like in the same tree they used last year in front of a house up the block from me.  Is this a sign of breeding activity?  If only I could see them carrying nesting material then I could count it on the breeding bird atlas.  I don't think they build big nests.  Usually vultures will sweep off a patch of dirt near a cliff or use an old barn or shed to lay their eggs.  The fact that they don't build fancy nests makes it harder to document breeding. I would really, really like to add them to the list of birds breeding in my priority block.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...